||About The Muse's Muse
Privacy Statement for The Muse's Muse Songwriting Resource
The Plain English before the Formal Statement:
There really isn't a great deal of information currently being collected by this web site that you probably don't already know about. The information collected, is collected through voluntary participation. There is nothing forcing a visitor to contribute particular information if he/she doesn't wish to.
Here are a few particular points about the various areas of this web site that might ask for personal information from you:
- I do collect your email address and possibly your full name if you wish to give it, when you subscribe to the Muse's News, but that information is required in order for you to receive your monthly newsletter. That information is not sold to third parties for any reason. Detailed information about The Muse's News monthly newsletter and its policies, can be found at http://www.musesmuse.com/musenews.html.
- Future Registration: At some point in the future (it hasn't been established just when yet), this web site will begin to require registration. That registration will be free, and there will be a number of benefits to doing so that have yet to be decided upon. When that time comes, the information gathered upon registration will probably be shared with advertisers, however, visitors will have the ability to "opt out" of such inclusion and an email to me will remove any that were initially included but wish to change their information or wish to be removed from that inclusion. Such inquiries will be handled promptly and professionally.
- The Muse's Muse has several chat rooms available. Information passed on within these chat rooms CAN NOT BE MONITORED. PLEASE be cautious with the information you reveal. There is no way for this web site to censor what occurs within those rooms and your safety is within your own hands.
- The Muse's Muse has a Message Board. You are asked to register in order to post to the message board but your registration is simply for your participation. That information is totally private unless you choose for it not to be - and that information is NEVER passed on to a third party or used for spamming purposes of any kind. ALL POSTS IN THE MESSAGE BOARD ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS. NONE of the information in that board is to be copied and used elsewhere without the express consent of the original author. It is impossible, however, for The Muse's Muse and/or its affiliates, to police that. Please be aware of this when you make a posting.
- This site does not cater to children under 13 but is certainly suitable for children to view. You'll even have to dig deep in here to find a swear word. ;-)
- The Muse's Muse Classifieds are placed online AS IS. While I receive an e-mail with the ad placed as they're being placed, I do not keep any of this information beyond making note of its suitability for the section in which it's being displayed (ie: I check for swear words, rudeness, whether the ad has anything to do with music, etc.). No one is forced to include their email address or url though obviously, it's easier for folks to answer an ad if such information is included. Ads are only online for around 10 days.
Your privacy is important to me and I will do all I can to keep spam from making a home in your email box. Believe me - I hate it too! The main reason I have to collect any information at all, is so that I can keep this web site free by being able to show demographic information to potential advertisers. It's a fact of life on the net, folks. If I want to be able to continue to provide this site to everyone for free, I need to have sponsors that are willing to help pay the costs of keeping this site live. That's the bottom line.
That said, here's the formal statement:
The Muse's Muse has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: The Muse's Muse Songwriting Resource.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. It cannot be used to trace any one particular individual. This information is gathered by our web site statistics program and can indicate which pages of the site are most popular, what hours are the busiest, where in the world the visitors seem to be coming from, etc. It is helpful in making our visitors' experience on this web site, a more rewarding one. It also helps provide demographics information for advertisers so that this site can continue to pay for its own upkeep and remain free to its visitors.
There is no registration form currently, to participate in The Muse's Muse with the exception of registering to use the message board. In the future, this may change - however, registration will be free, and a host of other benefits will be provided with that registration. These have yet to be decided upon, but will be introduced at a later date. I will revise this statement to reflect that change at that time, but thought it a good idea to warn you of future plans so that you would understand the reasoning behind it. Our site's registration form will require users to give us contact information (like a name and email address). We would use this contact information from the registration form to send the visitor information about the site. The visitor's contact information would also be used to contact the visitor when necessary and might possibly be shared with other affiliated web sites who may want to contact our visitors. Visitors may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
This site contains links to other sites. The Muse's Muse Songwriting Resource is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
This site also has relationships with content provider web sites such as iSyndicate, Google, MusicDealerSearch, etc., who provide certain bits of information to the betterment of The Muse's Muse web site. The content of these sites is not regulated by The Muse's Muse and therefore, this site cannot accept responsibility for the information that is to be found there. These sites do not receive any personal information from visitors at all, in regards to the use of their services from within this web site.
The Muse's Muse has Affiliated Partners that may have access to the information gathered on this site. For purpose of definition, an "Affiliated Partner" is a party who has a written Agreement with The Muse's Muse to share content. A full list of these Affiliated Partners will be disclosed within ten days of a written request.
Our site uses an order form for clients to request search engine submission services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address). The client's contact information is used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary and for no other reason. This information is required if the customer is going to receive the service in question.
Our songwriting surveys asks participants for contact information (their email address and web site url) and demographic information (their geographical location). The contact information is used ONLY to contact the participant when necessary to clarify a point or ask a question about their survey response.
Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. As above with the visitor registration, this data is currently only used to discern which areas of the site are most popular with the visitors and to give advertisers an idea of the average profile of visitors to this web site. While we don't currently use this information for any other reason, in the future, we could use this data to tailor our visitor's experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. This information would be shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis.
We collect e-mail addresses and sometimes names, in order for visitors to subscribe to the monthly newsletter. This information is store on the Topica web site and The Muse's Muse has no control over the security measures taken on that site. However, I am assured that their system is VERY secure. I wouldn't be using their services at all if it was not. Occasionally, this information is used to contact a subscriber who has been chosen to win a songwriting-related book in the regular monthly raffle.
Public ForumsThis site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.