Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: An eye opener... - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

This forum is specifically for discussions about recording & technical questions related to music making - both home and studio - including how to make your recording the best it can be, what equipment you can use to do that with and what studios you've particularly enjoyed working in. Also, website concerns as they pertain to your own or your band's musical web presence. Do you have any tips for those going into a recording studio for the first time? Web design tips for the musician/songwriter website? Do you have questions about these things? Feel free to ask them here!
Page 1 of 1

An eye opener... Don't try this at home LOL

#1 User is offline   Lzi Icon

• Angelz Reign Productions
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Wow...Everything lol...Music of course :)...I love my family. We love to travel.

"From one thing know Ten-Thousand things">----------Miyamoto Musashi

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I was at a session last week when something happened that should NEVER happen.

The artist whom I am working with at the time (no names) mentioned a song we had worked on along with this same engineer a few nights before. The artist felt that the same treatment which was used on one song would work on the song we were working on on this evening...NO NO NO NO NO!!

DON'T EVER DO THIS...DON'T EVEN THINK SUCH INSANITY!

The engineer and I both looked at each other in shock. The artist had shown his inexperience (Don't do that!) by saying this.

What is the title of the piece you are working on?... Right, if it is not the same piece so, you never treat it as such...NEVER!

When you create a special effect, never duplicate it on anything else. Never think that the eq moves you made on one song will work on the next song. DO NOT THINK LIKE THIS, IT IS A DISEASE!
Each song has it's own uniquely, individual spirit, it's own life...Songs are not dried Sea Monkey eggs which come in identical packages. When they are treated as such, nothing sounds special.
"Digital? is that the thing where they take a good old sine wave and chop it into bits?"
---Rupert Neve

ANGELz REIGN Productions

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users