Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: I'm In Love - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Forum Rules

>Please use the “Forum Guidelines” link at the top of the screen to read General Policies.
>Remember that these songs are only going to be kept up here a maximum of 30 days. Keep a backup of your work.

Rules for Posting a Song:
1) Please critique 2 or more songs for every song you post.
2) Please post only one song per day.
3) Please keep it tasteful i.e. no overt sexuality or obscene, offensive language, etc.
4) Please indicate the intended genre below the title of your song, and also what kind of a critique you're after. Is this a song that you'll be promoting commercially? Is it a song you wrote simply because you wanted to and you'd like to make it better? The more info people have, the better they'll be able to give you the kind of feedback you're after. And please PLEASE note - if you're not really after critique at all, don't post here. The Artist's Cafe is happy to hear your completed songs. This is the place to post if you want honest feedback and are prepared to take what is given (what you do with it, is of course, up to you).
5) Please post the lyrics along with the clickable link to your song's music.
6) Only post songs you have written or have permission to post. Please don't post cover songs.
7) It is polite to acknowledge critiques, but please don’t overdo it by “bumping” your thread to the top too frequently.
8) If you revise the song, please give a date and post on the same thread, or folks will unknowingly still comment on the old one.
9) Please be sure to visit other areas of the board to both learn and spread your knowledge.

Rules for Critiquing a Song:
1) The purpose of this forum is to promote better song writing by providing encouragement and constructive feedback focused on improvement. Strive to be courteous and respectful in your critiques, keeping in mind that we all come to this forum with different perspectives, genre preferences and levels of experience.
2) Offer constructive criticism and suggestions you think may help the writer make the most of his or her vision of where they want to go with their song.
3) If you think something really works, say so. Make an attempt to say why you think it does. If you see areas you think could be improved, explain why you believe they need improvement and offer suggestions, if you have any.

Anonymity often helps us forget that there is a person at the other end of our critique. Imagine, if you can, that you are speaking to the writer face to face.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

I'm In Love VIDEO -New song

#1 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Living in my mythic song dreamworld as much as possible..

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'm In Love VIDEO

New song i just did a video for yesterday
All feedback n comments good or bad appreciated :)

Song link if you can't stream video I'm In Love

Winters like walking thru a faithless world
For you baby ,For you baby
And i don't know what i'll do without you girl
For you baby,for you baby

I'm in love its there inside of me
Trying to push on thru
I'm in love i feel the gravity
in everything i do
I'm in love its like a memory
somewhere i once knew
I'm in love when i'm with you

YEH YEH YEH YEH

I'm in love in spite of all the pain
the stupid things i said
I'm in love and if i wasn't
then i'd wish that i was dead
I'm in love 'cos its the heart of me
and takes me from my head
I choose loving you instead

YEH YEH YEH YEH YEH

I'm in love and its a tragedy
i never learned before
I'm in love and tho you're thru with me
I choose to love you more
I'm in love 'cos its the best of me
the rest is on the floor
and i'm still alive..

YEH YEH YEH YEH YEH

#2 User is offline   Desertrose Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The intriguingly beautifully strange.
    Photography,videography,writing, creating things, anything...camping,being out in nature,people watching,sitting under the full moon and pondering all of life's questions and then asking more.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Very cool Steve!
It all just comes together so effortlessly, though I'm sure there's a lot of intuitive crafting been done.
Very hooky and catchy and I was mesmerised by all the beautiful scenery in the video.
Are you holding the camera?
There was one spot in the video where you actually looked right AT the camera and I was wishing you'd done that more. Just as though you were speaking to the person (imaginary or not) that the song is about.
Enjoyed this muchly! :)

#3 User is offline   Onewholovesrock Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Motorcycling, Good Beer.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hey Steve, I'm new here and I have to say it's hard critiqueing someone else's art. I think this is a very cool piece of art that looks finished and needs no critiqueing.

#4 User is offline   AudioProUK Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hey Steve ,
Great song mate love it all .Love the "sixties/retro" harmonies and feel . Only thing I would say is employ a camera man ..hehe

Good work !
Dave

#5 User is offline   R-N-R Jim Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Songwriting, arranging and recording and on occasion performing.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi Steve

Enjoyable as per usual...has a 60s Zombies feel to it. I think you caught the helplessness in being in love really well. The music captures this feel as well. It might have been cool to have some couple off in the distance in the video as to make it look like you were spying on your ex with another guy.lol

regards
R-N-R Jim
"Its all about taking the easy way out for you, I suppose" -elliot smith

To listen to songs I have written and recorded, go to these links:

https://soundcloud.com/tad-strange

https://soundclick.com/jimcanrock

link below is an honorable mention from a national songwriting contest that I entered the song "Baby" that I wrote with the help of singnpeach on vocals and a couple lines for the lyrics she added. Not bad for a muse collaboration.

http://www.songofthe...JamesUpham.html

#6 User is offline   TamsNumber4 Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Steve,

Great video on this one, I love how you did the flower's center changing...cool stuff.. Matched the song really well and as always, I'm a fan, the music is your usual wonderful!

Tammy
Visit my SoundClick site for songs

~Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.~

Professor Albus Dumbledore: Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

#7 User is offline   DannyDep Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To make a difference and in the general realm of things, to enjoy life.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi Steve,
You don't happen to have a non-video version of this song, do you?
My Internet connection, sometimes causes videos to pause and it's not a comfortable thing trying to get a feeling for a song.
Maybe I'll try again later.
"The quality of life,
can only be measured by
the integrity of yourself and the friends
that take the trip with you."

Here are two of my friends,
Posted Image
here is my Soundclick page,
Soundclick webpage
here is my Facebook page,
Facebook webpate
and here is the rest.
My homepage.

#8 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Tracy..Thanx glad you enjoyed it..I know what you mean about looking at the camera..Something to think about for the next one

Onewholovesrock..Welcome to the muse ! and thanx for listening and commenting..

Audiopro..There's only me who's willing to do it for the money i can afford to pay lol..But getting rid of the 'shaking' is def something i want to learn from from this..

Jim..I love the Zombies so thats very cool..If i'd thought of that idea with the 2 people i'd've done it f'sure !

Tammy..Thanx..The 'changing flower' is just an effect with the windows movie maker -but i like it on those bits too

Danny..Just off to add an mp3 of it to my reverbnation page..:)

#9 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm In Love

#10 User is offline   porcupine Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, baseball, comedy, my wife and son

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Steve,
I was at an Andy Warhol exhibit today, then i listened to John Cale's version of Hallelujah. so it looks like you kept the village thing going today me! You have alot of Lou Reed in you man and that whole scene up there! You would have fit right in. I hear the ventures too, as previously mentioned. good stuff!

You video's always get me looking a second time. You match the visual with the music really well. This is one of the first songs of yours that is simply complex. That means it has a more straight ahead melody. I really like it...some of my favorite parts..

The bass is so good. I like the sound/tone and the little tasteful fills on the verses, bass is such an underrated instrument, you have to know what its role is to make it the way you have, Great stuff
Great harmonies!
The yeahs are great man! and the harmonies after the 2nd yeah yeah thing..really, brian wilson-ish.

Great vintage guitar sound towards the end!

there's no way I can crit this! Great stuff

Porcupine
#1 song on Onstage.com's Holiday Playlist in Nov 2011 "Could This Be Christmas"
#5 song on Onstage.com's Open for Bon Jovi in May of 2010 "Turn It Down"
recorded and produced songs with several grammy winners and nominees
songs writen have been recorded by The Standard, Wooden Nickel, Jody Stapler and Prototype
see more of my music at charlieeschbach.com

#11 User is offline   RickDieffenbach Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Your videos are like video crack, they are so addictive. I have to turn away or else I would not be able to listen carefully to the song. So that's what I had to do. I saved the video for after my crit....

OK, let me number each suggestion I have for improving the song. I'll list them in priority order. I don't mean to be cruel, I know you want honest feedback. So here goes:

========================================
THINGS TO CHANGE IN THIS SONG:

========================================

All the best,

Rick

#12 User is offline   Jason Kalman Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Steve,
You never disappoint. Great tune. I really can't wait for your next album, when is it coming out?! This could definitely start the album off! Wow. Another great tune by Steve. Each transition was done very well. Loved the harmonies and instrumentation. I don't know how you get such an authentic 60s vibe and sound. I'd love to know what your recording rig is. If you are using a digital recorder, I'd love to know what tape saturation plug or analog plug you are using. Also all the instruments seemed to be live...no programming and no midi...again, if that isn't the case, I'm floored. Rich tones, flavor and color in this recording.
Brilliant.
Jay
http://www.kalmanmus...

I have no idea where I'm going and it feels spectacular!

#13 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Porcupine...Thanx Charlie ! I absoloutly love early Lou Reed/VU - and i know he was a big fan of all the early 60s Doo-wop music and was a huge influence on Bowie -All of which i love to the max -so i'm delighted if that influence shows up in what i do..
I spend ages trying to get bass parts i like- trying to feel what works..I'm not a technically good musician at all - so it takes a long time-but i'm really glad you can appreciate what i've done..

Rick..Cheers lol..Glad you enjoyed the video too.I've gotta work on stopping the shaky hand on the next one !

Jason..Thanx so much man ! I don't have any plans for an album at the moment..Its just building up a catalogue of new tracks i really like n believe in..When there's enough i'll put them together for an album..Its a lonng process tho (as i'm sure you know ) so i don't know when that'll be.I've got so many unfinished songs on my hard drive i can't quite make work how i want - and don't know how to 'fix'..Or maybe they're not quite as good as i thought they were in my head..

As far as getting the '60s vibe..I honestly don't know-I sometimes think i'm 'lucky' with certain tracks..I don't use any 'tape' plugins ..But i'll go thru the process - and what i use so maybe there'll something that'll be useful to you..
It was recorded with a live drummer on Cubase 5 (which i use now ).I had 4 basic drum tracks corresponding to mics (one for bass drum/snare/tom/floor tom..I Eqd them best i could and i added reverb n abit of foldback delay on the snare n toms..Compression on the kick
I added my own midi snare from addictive drums on the verses (i'm in love its there etc )
I took out the original 'guide acoustic' that i played originally with the drummer (so nothings actually 'live' other than the original drums) and added 2 acoustics hard panned right/left (with 'classic compressor' plug-in )
The bass and all the electrics are recorded thru Guitar Rig 4 (its great )..The electrics thru the 'Tweedleman' amp setting -using the reverb setting on the software amp and a tube compressor from there....Bass just a preset there (with 'classic compressor added )..
Bass n electric i use are just yamaha copies -nothing special
All vocals recorded with a Rode NT1 mic..with Voc-eq-Pro plugin and 'classic compressor'
Lead vocal totally dry on the verses to contrast with the reverby electric n drums -More reverb for the yeh yeh yehs n bits before the chorus..
I think tambourine and egg shaker are totally underated as ways to add a 'live' percussive dynamic to what you're doing..I can't think of any tracks i've done really that don't have both-and i think they both add to the atmosphere of this track..

Rolling off the bass eq on EVERYTHING thats 'not' the bass guitar or kick drum is also a good trick i've found -thanx to a mate who suggested it..
The Bvs on the oooo-ahh bit have 'Arts acoustic' reverb on them..A very good plug-in..

Its a constant battle for me not to sound 'digital n glassy' as thats almost the default setting for working with computers n computer software-and i'll deliberately f*ck around with the sound or eq things harshly/experiment in some way or something to get away from that as much as i can..

Hope something there's useful to you :)

#14 User is offline   Zeek Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Awesome as usual with layering and production. Love the shaker!!!

It's impossible to say this is like the Zombies or Rascals or whomever--you are a perfect combination of all those great 60's bands during their peak. There's one chord in there that brings me back to The Mamas & Papas, there a harmony that reminds me of The Cowsills and on and on.

Solid.

Zeek

#15 User is offline   Wolf Kier Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Hi Steve,
I think this is song 7 in a row here today, but gee, I'm on a happy roll here. I'm starting to think that the this is a place full of brilliant ideas and serious practitioners and I'm hoping I'll find a place amongst some great talented company.
This is lovely. Brilliant production arrangement and dynamics through the course of the song. A timeless modern sound constantly engaging and a brilliant performance.
All I might add (for what it's worth) is I'd lift the vocal a tad in the mix, just the slightest, to give the vocal (and it's very assured delivery) a little more command of the musical candy. I understand that might just be a personal thing with my ears or how the sound was captured in the video rendering process.
Kudos and Respect. I look forward to hearing much much more.
wolf.

#16 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Jim..Thanx for listening n commenting..

Zeek..Cheers as always-Really glad you dug it.I really dig both of those bands you mention -but had neither in mind when writing/recording it if i'm honest..But we're all sponges f'sure.I think the main musical influences for me on this (thinking about it) was Fleetwood Macs Green Manalishi-a track i've been utterly obsessed with (the Yeh yeh yeh rythmic push) and Spaghetti western Morriconi (the ooooo--wahhh part with the twangin' guitar)

Wolf..Many thanx - and good on you for doing so many cool,thoughtful reviews for people here too..Very generous spirited man.The vocal level i always try n be really aware of -it might be the video-but thats definitely a taste thing too.It could come up a hair i could agree- but for me it feels about right as is..

#17 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Wolf..Actually,listening again closely..I can hear in certain places-you're right..Vocal could come up a notch

#18 User is offline   garymc Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey Steve

First tune of yours I have had the pleasure of listening, and it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really does, I go to an indy night club every now and then and could VERY easily imagine the place rocking out to this tune. The harmonies in the chorus beef it up loads and gets you yeahing along with it. Simple, effective, memorable lyrics, I've heard it three times without looking at your lyrics and I think I know most of them!

Sorry I can't really be constructive, but thought I would leave the message anyway to let you know this is very good.

Cheers
Gary

#19 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Gary..Many thanx..That'd be so cool to hear one of my songs playing in a club ! Appreciate the compliment on the lyrics.. Cheers for singing along too

#20 User is offline   CapM Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hey Steve! I listened last week and forgot to post. I liked this song very much! Very well done. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers.

#21 User is offline   Ian Ferrin Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Nice tune again SFP. I like "Surface of the Moon" a lot better but this is a nice song. SOTM has a unique sound to my ears and more hooks. It just grabbed me.

The video works for me except the halting frames of the ducks. I didn't get what you were doing until I saw the rhythmic frames of the countryside. (which work).

No nits on the song really. I like it. Really nice production.

Peace,

Ian
Ian's Soundclick Page

"Hammers don't build houses. People build houses.

A hammer is just a tool. But it's a powerful tool" - me

#22 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

CapM..Many thanx for comment n letting me know you enjoyed it man..

Ian..Thanx for listening n comments on this and Surface Of The Moon too..Glad you liked them..To be honest i didn't have a clue what i was doing with the ducks either really lol..My video's are a wing n a prayer..The only thing was making the very most of a limited amount of footage and conceptually wanting the first bit to be 'grey' and it being sunny/blue sky when the track opens up..

#23 User is offline   90percentisallyouget Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, medicine, astronomy

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Really fantastic rhythmic intro. I could hear the verse being sung with a bit of that bullhorn sound on it like the guy from Wall of Voodoo with the song Mexican Radio. Other than that, I would take this song and "Hearts on Ice" and start sending them to every radio DJ you could find and get them to play it. Go to college radio if the big dogs won't let you in. Honestly, Steve, your music is so good I didn't think it could get much better; but it just did.

#24 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

90percent..Really appreciate that Dude..I can see what you mean about that kinda singing on the verse..That guy (can't remember his name either) did a great solo track called 'camouflage' too..
I had a (very brief) go at trying to promote myself a few months ago more intensely -but its kinda very boring n soul destroying too -so my heart isn't really in it..Your up against 10 million other people-all relentlessly doing exactly the same thing.Is much more fun just making music lol..Really glad you think my songs are worth it tho..

HoboSage..Thanx alot David,glad you enjoyed the journey ! I'm fundamentally a pop fan -so always think less is more :)

#25 User is offline   90percentisallyouget Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostScenesFromPalacio, on 29 April 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

90percent..Really appreciate that Dude..I can see what you mean about that kinda singing on the verse..That guy (can't remember his name either) did a great solo track called 'camouflage' too..
I had a (very brief) go at trying to promote myself a few months ago more intensely -but its kinda very boring n soul destroying too -so my heart isn't really in it..Your up against 10 million other people-all relentlessly doing exactly the same thing.Is much more fun just making music lol..Really glad you think my songs are worth it tho..

HoboSage..Thanx alot David,glad you enjoyed the journey ! I'm fundamentally a pop fan -so always think less is more :)

#26 User is offline   90percentisallyouget Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Post90percentisallyouget, on 29 April 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostScenesFromPalacio, on 29 April 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

I have trouble believing there's that many people out there doing this as a one man act(I could be wrong)that can pull it all together so cohesively as you do. I'm assuming you are the entire band, right? You would think that would highlight some trust in your ability to consistently deliver the same sellable sound, right? With over 6 million or something videos on youtube, I guess it's easy to get lost in the pile. If anything, this difficulty may force you to write " the " song, something so masterful it borders between mainstream pop and cool subculture stuff.
Although IMO you're already there.

#27 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

If anything, this difficulty may force you to write " the " song, something so masterful it borders between mainstream pop and cool subculture stuff.
Although IMO you're already there.

Well i'm an idealist -so want to believe somewhere that there's a future song i can write thats got the quality to go viral n really resonate with an audience -doing it on my own terms..
I'm always searching for that in the back of my mind if i'm honest..Tho maybe that elusive 'song' wouldn't affect people in that way in big numbers -even if i was convinced i'd written it..
I write for my own taste -and know thats well well out of synch with what sells -and what people seem to want at the moment..
Thanx again tho dude :)

#28 User is offline   Middleground Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Well done video, and you have captured an amazing sound that reminds me of great music from the past.
It also sounds fresh and new though, and I can't add much to all the comments here except that I enjoyed the total package!

#29 User is offline   Ironknee Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Adding a few more degrees to this sultry night with the sound of my lonely saxophone, from out of a cheap, 5th floor, hotel room window, located just underneath some old, neon billboard.....you know, the kind that has a few of the lights just blinking.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi Steve.........nothing to add that hasn't been already said....you already know that I think your arranging, performing and production skills are stellar.....and it's a good tune. See ya 'round. B) -Tom
"I Know The Truth By My Struggle Against It"

#30 User is offline   daryl1968 Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

very cool sir

#31 User is offline   Zeligovitch Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Good song. Not my favourite of yours, but still very nice to listen to. Nothing to nitpick. I like the changes during this song a lot. The listener is constantly kept interested. I’d like to underline your talent as a singer. Very sweet voice with capacity for great dynamics and splendid musicianship.
Brilliant.

#32 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Middleground..Thanx for listening.Glad you enjoyed it.I'm 100% influenced by great music from the past -=so if the spirit of that comes thru here,i'm delighted..

Ironknee..Cheers for the kudos..Appreciated

Daryll..Thanx for listening

Zeligovitch...Really glad you enjoyed it .Thanx for the kind words about my vocals too dude

#33 User is offline   DannyDep Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To make a difference and in the general realm of things, to enjoy life.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hi Steve,
Finally got it to play wihout any pauses.
Yeah. I like this alot. :)
It's different, at least for me.
Love the last part of the last verse,

"I'm in love 'cos its the best of me
the rest is on the floor
and i'm still alive.."

Nice going.
Good luck with it. :)
"The quality of life,
can only be measured by
the integrity of yourself and the friends
that take the trip with you."

Here are two of my friends,
Posted Image
here is my Soundclick page,
Soundclick webpage
here is my Facebook page,
Facebook webpate
and here is the rest.
My homepage.

#34 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Thanx Danny-Glad you got to hear it in the end..

#35 User is offline   hurtchow Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hey I liked the song a bit more than the video. It's got a nice classic rock feel to it, the choruses are especially good. Whole track works, to be honest. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah - YEEEAH. That's a nice hook there.

#36 User is offline   skingswell Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Songwriting, singing, playing the guitar, piano & drums. Dancing, Performing Arts, Playing Golf.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Damn it Steve you are so good at this songwriting thing!! :-)

I love it, such a high standard how can you critique this. I cannot fault your music, for a start I am not that good :-) If I can suggest anything, I'd like to see a video that captures the story more, something more intimate. Excellent as always

Sarh
Me and my guitar play my way

www.sarahkingswell.com

#37 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hurtchow..Thanx for listening-glad you enjoyed it..Yeh the video could be better,i agree lol..Its just something to help promote the track -and i'm certainly no expert at doing them..

Sarah..Cheers for that..Gotta disagree tho-Your music's great that i've heard..We're equals -just with different styles :)

#38 User is offline   tidepool Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I choose to love you more
I'm in love 'cos its the best of me
the rest is on the floor
and i'm still alive..

Great writing...loved this last bit, especially

hell, it's all good...feels ripped from the soul

like all great songs should B)

wanted a fade out tho', (for some odd reason), but...

obviously you know better than i :D

cheers!

#39 User is offline   Ricky Layne Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

This song is SO sweet! I love how important the music is to you in between the vocal lines. (in all of the songs I have heard from you.) It is noticed and appreciated! The feel of your music is very cool and original even though it has the 70's vibe that everyone talks about. (even late 60's?) Good work on the video too but for me the music is just as near perfect as it can be for it's style. I would rather listen to your songs over Lou Reed's any day. Love it!

Ricky

#40 User is offline   somefellow Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi Steve,
You know it's funny that I like the video too but I must have a funny brain as the song takes a back seat to the visuals.
Perhaps I have an attention issue.
So I force myself to not watch the video and just listen and my goodness can you write a song, and perform and arrange and mix and sing. You have such a unique style of writing and performing that I often don't realize how good your voice is. It is off the charts (as we say in the States) good.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about your work is the amount of work you put into it. The amount of top quality artistic work you present is stunning. You must be obsessed. Do you have time to do anything else?

Tom

#41 User is offline   gerrybhoy Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Steve, that was brilliant, what grabbed me most was your phrasing and the way you delivered the lyric, the dynamics throughout the chune kept me listening and the yeah,yeah's well what can I say the perfect peak, great listen.
singerysongwritery type individual a natural born weegieburger and lover of black country dogs

#42 User is offline   Ferry Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Singing and playing guitar.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

The way this song is built up is fantastic. From easy listening to "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!" -great. Thanks for sharing.

#43 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Tidepool..Many thanx ! I'd just split up from my girlfriend of 2 years when i wrote it -so it ws definitely 'ripped from the soul'

Ricky..Thats a fantastic compliment about Lou Reed as he's one of my favourite artists n inspirations ! Really glad you enjoyed it

Somefellow..Thanx very much Tom and for the compliment on my voice too.I am totally obsessed with music ! and prob spend 70% of my day either thinking about it,working with it or listening to it.Its still all a total mystery to me tho -but definitely a magical one that never stops giving n keeps me alive !

Gerry..Cheers.Really glad you enjoyed it.The phrasing on the main 'I'm In Love' bit i instantly liked when i did it.I think its the rythm of the vocal there thats the driving force of the song..

Ferry..Thanx for listening n commenting man..

#44 User is offline   FunkDaddy Icon

• Ph.D Drumology
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Incredible tune. The way it went from sort of Beatles-ish to a Rolling Stones rocker really caught my ear. I know you're heavy into the classic sound and don't care much for modern music but this one I could definitely see played on the radio these days with the new indie style of music. My only complaint is that it was too short! I really wanted the "Yeah yeah yeah"'s to come back in at 2:45, I thought it was a false stop.

You and Jason Kalman will soon be fighting it out for my favorite songwriter on this site :)

p.s. I feel like I've said this before but I'm assuming you aren't interested in video critiques.
Mark
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube

Always up for a collaboration with lyricists!

#45 User is offline   ScenesFromPalacio Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Funkdaddy...Thanx for that Mark -Really glad you enjoyed it ..I take that as a huge compliment that you feel this could be played on the radio as it is -as i know you've got very high standards productionwise..I wish i shared your faith !
I know my video's are too much me holding shakey camera - and don't hold a candle to pro ones in any way at all lol..They're just something i have fun with and enjoy doing to give something extra for the listener..

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users