Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: PHILLY AUTO BLUES - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PHILLY AUTO BLUES EXPERIMENTAL BLUES

#1 User is offline   PROPHETSONG Icon

  • Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 10-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia Pa. U.S.A.
  • Interests:Instruments,I play about six, and I love using them all for worship, and song writing, My hope is that God will speak through my music and transform lives. <br /><br />

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hi guys let me know what you think of my blues music experiment.

#2 User is offline   Simple Simon Icon

  • Distant Uncle Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,334
  • Joined: 01-March 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

In all honesty, I'm not sure what to make of this. The sounds had me stopping the playback and testing things with another song to make sure I had all my settings OK. All I can think is that it might make an interesting, atmospheric dream sequence for some kind of alternative movie. It definitely has that kind of ambience to it.

#3 User is offline   PROPHETSONG Icon

  • Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 10-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia Pa. U.S.A.
  • Interests:Instruments,I play about six, and I love using them all for worship, and song writing, My hope is that God will speak through my music and transform lives. <br /><br />

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSimple Simon, on 11 April 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

In all honesty, I'm not sure what to make of this. The sounds had me stopping the playback and testing things with another song to make sure I had all my settings OK. All I can think is that it might make an interesting, atmospheric dream sequence for some kind of alternative movie. It definitely has that kind of ambience to it.

My work usually defies traditional critique.I never thought of as a track for a dream sequence, but it does fit well.

#4 User is offline   Gerry Icon

  • Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 86
  • Joined: 24-April 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Interests:Music followed by the beach.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostPROPHETSONG, on 13 April 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostSimple Simon, on 11 April 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

In all honesty, I'm not sure what to make of this. The sounds had me stopping the playback and testing things with another song to make sure I had all my settings OK. All I can think is that it might make an interesting, atmospheric dream sequence for some kind of alternative movie. It definitely has that kind of ambience to it.

My work usually defies traditional critique.I never thought of as a track for a dream sequence, but it does fit well.



Certainly different. I'll skip a crit as I am a little traditional and also have to admit it flew over what I have for a nest. Posted Image
"Those who can't dance always blame the band"
http://www.gerrycooper.com/

#5 User is offline   PROPHETSONG Icon

  • Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 10-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia Pa. U.S.A.
  • Interests:Instruments,I play about six, and I love using them all for worship, and song writing, My hope is that God will speak through my music and transform lives. <br /><br />

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostGerry, on 24 April 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

View PostPROPHETSONG, on 13 April 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostSimple Simon, on 11 April 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

In all honesty, I'm not sure what to make of this. The sounds had me stopping the playback and testing things with another song to make sure I had all my settings OK. All I can think is that it might make an interesting, atmospheric dream sequence for some kind of alternative movie. It definitely has that kind of ambience to it.

My work usually defies traditional critique.I never thought of as a track for a dream sequence, but it does fit well.



Certainly different. I'll skip a crit as I am a little traditional and also have to admit it flew over what I have for a nest. Posted Image

Thank you for your response. I really the quote on your signature. It is really cool.

#6 User is offline   ryandsy Icon

  • Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 217
  • Joined: 03-February 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hey man,

I've got a few friends who make experimental ambient music every now and then (but it's usually for film scores and whatnot). Did you take a blues song and just distort it a whole lot? It's definitely a blues song - but you kinda need to strain to hear it. What are your plans with it? And what do you make music for? Lol - I hope you don't take offense, but I'm just curious :P

#7 User is offline   PROPHETSONG Icon

  • Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 10-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia Pa. U.S.A.
  • Interests:Instruments,I play about six, and I love using them all for worship, and song writing, My hope is that God will speak through my music and transform lives. <br /><br />

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

View Postryandsy, on 27 April 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Hey man,

I've got a few friends who make experimental ambient music every now and then (but it's usually for film scores and whatnot). Did you take a blues song and just distort it a whole lot? It's definitely a blues song - but you kinda need to strain to hear it. What are your plans with it? And what do you make music for? Lol - I hope you don't take offense, but I'm just curious :P

I just got a boss micro br multi track recorder, and just started recording myself playing different instruments. Blues is the format that I was fooling around in.
All that I was trying to do was learn what all the effects in my new multi track recorder actually did actually did. This piece is a by product of the learning process. I have written a lot of lyrics that have no music written for I was thinking taking one of those and marry it with this music, or I may use it as a for a video that showcases one of my poems. I make music for love of making music. I usually write blues gospel folk type of stuff,with content that I hope that will help someone else on their life's journey.
For me making music is an labor of love an many levels.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users