Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Pitching Opportunities - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pitching Opportunities Song Plugger Accepting Clients

#1 User is offline   nktr Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

NKTR Music Group is now accepting clients for our song plugging service. Our goal is to pitch new writers with great songs.

With so many songs being pitched daily in today’s market, NKTR can only accept the strongest and most commercially viable songs to be represented. After all, we have to fully believe in a song to pitch it as though it were one of our own. If you have a song, or songs, that you feel have what it takes to catch the artist’s attention, we can help you get it there.

Please visit us online to review our submission policy, available packages and pricing.

www.nktrmusicgroup.com

#2 User is offline   Scotto Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Just curious but why would I pay to get pitched? I've had music placed and I never paid for it. APM Music made money from the song and so did we.

Buyer beware...

#3 User is offline   nktr Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I would ask that you please research song plugging and contact us in regards to our services before responding negatively. APM is a licensing company that syncs music to media. We are a song plugging company focused on placing songs with artists. Most song pluggers receive a monthly retainer and also contract a percentage of the royalties for the first two years. Pluggers that do not receive a monthly retainer usually contract for 50% of the songs royalties. As part of our packaging NKTR charges a monthly retainer to cover our cost of doing business, but we do not contract a portion of the royalties should we get you a placement. In researching the business of song plugging you will notice that our rates are extremely competitive.

I have been on the writing circuit for more than 15 years, with seven of that being on a professional level. After several years having songs pitched through the Publishers and Pluggers I was signed with, I decided it was time to take control of my own path and pitch through my own company. This was the start of NKTR Music Group. We offer very reasonable rates and are looking to take on only a select few additional writers. We currently pitch material for three writers and have had three placements since beginning this new journey in 2011. Two have been within Canada and one with an Alabama based artist.

This is a business of relationships and I would never expect, nor would I want anyone to dive in without knowing anything about this company or our future goals. I wanted to put the offer out there and if anyone would like to know more please feel free to get in touch with me through the address on the site. I am more than happy to give you a call back or talk through email.

regards,
Chris

#4 User is offline   Roger Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostJim Colyer, on 18 February 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

NSAI in Nashville has pitch to publisher nights. But it is for show. The publishers never keep anything.

Inaccurate.

#5 User is offline   zmulls Icon

• I know the value of a kindly chorus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

The publishers do take a few songs with them at pitch to publisher night. But they listen to song after song after song after song, and only a handful -- less than a handful -- are going to stand out. The competition is fierce and the chances are low. But it is inaccurate to say they never take anything.

And as far as song plugging goes, it is a service that people pay for. The song pluggers that are good have contacts and knowledge of the current needs of the industry, so it is worth the money to get into the circles they can get you into. However, there are a lot of people who *don't* have those "ins" to the business but will be happy to take your money for "plugging your song" -- they can legitmately say they have made phone calls and dropped off CDs on your behalf, while not being effective at all.

I have no knowledge of NKTR and they may very well be one of the effective plugging services, you need to do your own due diligence on that. But it's not inappropriate for a plugging service to expect a fee. If you're having success pitching on your own, great, more power to you and good luck. But the idea of a plugging service is not automatically a suspicious one.
ZMULLS.COM Muses Muse 2006 Lyric of the Year winner -- Four Widows

2007 ISC Grand Prize Winner & 2007 Great American Song Contest Winner Best Rock/Alt Song for "I'm Not Your Friend" written with Eduard Glumov

Z.'s Songwriting Guidelines:

• Tell the truth, but lie about it
  • There are no rules, but you have to follow them

"...when Joan Kennedy tells you something, you will accept it entirely at face value as the unalloyed truth that it is" -- George Washington

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users