Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Anyone watching The Voice this season? - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

New to the board? Introduce yourself! Let us get to know you. This is also a place where you can hold general conversations on music and Muse-related topics.
Page 1 of 1

Anyone watching The Voice this season? KARLA sings TONIGHT...April 9th---for votes

#1 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Writing, music, dance, but first is family, faith and my dogs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't know if you guys know this but a young lady's voice that we have heard before on here, will make an appearance next Monday. Her name is Karla Davis. She was from Greensboro NC and is now in Nashville.

She sang a song written by David Reuter, drreuter and Curt Collins(can't recall his nickname) and Troy Hoss, I think Karla may have been a co-writer too..... called Whiskey's got a job to Do...those of you that has been around a few years may remember it...Curt and David are members of the Muse, though not been here in a little while

Here is Karla's Version
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JPXv9VLHqRo

Curt's Version
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Whk3bz3WaC8

I am on her facebook fan page, and been keeping up with her career, have and enjoy her cd and she will be on the blind auditions this coming Monday...:)Feb 13...

I thought I would spread the word for anyone who plans to watch.... I have seen many good ones on it this season...and I am chomping at the bit for the Grammys on the 12th!!! :lol: :)

Kimberly
KimberlyinNC
"Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots"
****My Songwriting Website****
www.littleikepublishing.com

#2 User is offline   Neal K Icon

• Smile. It'll do you good.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Well that's cool. We watched some of the show last night. Lots of great mimics, but if there were performers with a spark of originality they must have been on when I wasn't watching.

Neal
The forest would be silent if only the best birds sang.

#3 User is offline   December Rock Star Icon

• Inspirational Muse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Imported Banned Users

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

The irony of saying "did anyone WATCH the voice"

#4 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostDecember Rock Star, on 07 February 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

The irony of saying "did anyone WATCH the voice"

Yes, very ironic

watched it, heard it, tasted it, felt it, used all of my senses..

:lol:
KimberlyinNC
"Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots"

#5 User is offline   DannyDep Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To make a difference and in the general realm of things, to enjoy life.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Haven't watched The Voice or the X-Factor or even American Idol.

I might tune into some AI when they get to the final 12 and past all the entertainment BS.

Nice performance by both Karla and Curt.

Boy could I hear Alison Krauss & Union Station doing this one. :rolleyes:
"The quality of life,
can only be measured by
the integrity of yourself and the friends
that take the trip with you."

Here are two of my friends,
Posted Image
here is my Soundclick page,
Soundclick webpage
here is my Facebook page,
Facebook webpate
and here is the rest.
My homepage.

#6 Guest_bernabby_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postkimberlyinnc, on 07 February 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

I don't know if you guys know this but a young lady's voice that we have heard before on here, will make an appearance next Monday. Her name is Karla Davis. She was from Greensboro NC and is now in Nashville.

She sang a song written by David Reuter, drreuter and Curt Collins(can't recall his nickname) and Troy Hoss, I think Karla may have been a co-writer too..... called Whiskey's got a job to Do...those of you that has been around a few years may remember it...Curt and David are members of the Muse, though not been here in a little while

Here is Karla's Version
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JPXv9VLHqRo

Curt's Version
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Whk3bz3WaC8

I am on her facebook fan page, and been keeping up with her career, have and enjoy her cd and she will be on the blind auditions this coming Monday...:)Feb 13...

I thought I would spread the word for anyone who plans to watch.... I have seen many good ones on it this season...and I am chomping at the bit for the Grammys on the 12th!!! :lol: :)

Kimberly

My wife loves this show. Me, not so much. I prefer The Bachelor. There are some sad and inspiring stories so I'm sure that's what gets some of the talent stage time. I hope I remember to watch for Karla next week.

#7 User is offline   klo Icon

• Build fires within rather than underneath
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Meeting new songwriters, giving helpful advice where I can. I also volunteer at World Archive Project.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

I really like The Voice. I can't believe it took so long for someone to come up with this simple concept such as 'close your eyes' or 'turn around', because American Idol sucks :P They are very judgmental and non-helpful of new talent. And Simon clearly judged based on someone's appearance. I mean look at Susan Boyle. But that was America's Got Talent, I like that show too.

I don't know Karla but I wish her luck! I hope I remember to watch it and if I don't maybe Kim would be gracious enough to post a link to a video? Or I can get up off my lazy @ss and do it :lol:

#8 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

View Postklo, on 12 February 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I really like The Voice. I do too...I can't believe it took so long for someone to come up with this simple concept such as 'close your eyes' or 'turn around', because American Idol sucks :P They are very judgmental and non-helpful of new talent. they also judge alot on looks too, but it seems that is just the way in most music...more today than ever.. And Simon clearly judged based on someone's appearance. I mean look at Susan Boyle. But that was America's Got Talent, I like that show too. I do too....I loved Michael Grimm from a couple of years ago, did you see him? wow..

I don't know Karla but I wish her luck! I hope I remember to watch it and if I don't maybe Kim would be gracious enough to post a link to a video? Or I can get up off my lazy @ss and do it :lol:

I will try to post a video of it if it comes up on youtube after tomorrow night. I am looking forward to seeing how it went for her, I bet it was a cool experience, and to think she came from my little part of the world, is cool. She has the talent for certain. :)
KimberlyinNC

#9 User is offline   FunkDaddy Icon

• Ph.D Drumology
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

I caught the first two episodes (I think?) by chance when I was hanging out at my mom's house the other day. The guy who sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" was incredible but if I had to choose a winner now it'd be Alicia Keys' back-up singer...that guy was UNREAL. Great voice, great stage presence and more charismatic than all the judges combined. I was surprised he went with Blake, expected him to go with Cee-Lo!

Plus, anybody who gets personal video messages from Alicia Keys gets my vote!
Mark
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube

Always up for a collaboration with lyricists!

#10 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostFunkDaddy, on 12 February 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I caught the first two episodes (I think?) by chance when I was hanging out at my mom's house the other day. The guy who sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" was incredible but if I had to choose a winner now it'd be Alicia Keys back-up singer...that guy was UNREAL. Great voice, great stage presence and more charismatic than all the judges combined. I was surprised he went with Blake, expected him to go with Cee-Lo!

Plus, anybody who gets personal video messages from Alicia Keys gets my vote!

He was super good wasn't he??? and yes, Mark, I can just imagine you thinking about those videos from Alicia... :lol: :D :P
you dirty dog you. :lol: ;)
KimberlyinNC

#11 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Sorry, guys...Karla was not on tonight...I suppose they told her incorrectly? Not sure what the deal is, but I did see her in the previews for next Monday, which is Feb 21st...she was the one with the guitar...Karla Davis...so she will be on that one for sure!!

:)

Kim

Here is one of my Favs of Karla's Covers, Mean, by Taylor Swift...I love the lyrics to this...perfect song to sing to bullies..
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4Fnon0RLVOI
KimberlyinNC

#12 Guest_bernabby_*

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Is tonight Karla's night?

#13 Guest_bernabby_*

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

There was a Karla on. Didn't get to hear much of her singing but Adam picked her.

#14 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postbernabby, on 21 February 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

There was a Karla on. Didn't get to hear much of her singing but Adam picked her.

Yes that was Karla, singing If I die Young...I am certain when the people are all picked they will play her full audition and interview..:) I am sure she is glad Adam picked her.

Kim
Though you can hear all the audition here..not sure about the pre-interview if it will come later?
http://www.nbc.com/t...la-davis/video/

there are 3 different places to listen, the middle one shows the blind audition as a whole. :)

I plan to vote for her because of several reasons.
She is someone I "met" originally as a bi-product of this site and JPF.
She is a NC Native from my area
and..
I have her cd, about to get her 2nd one and she is a very good singer and songwriter. I enjoy her stuff and wish her the best.
KimberlyinNC

#15 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I wanna send out my congrats to Karla Davis, who is a voice some on this site are familiar with.

She WON her battle round on THE VOICE last night, and is now officially on Adam Levine's team and now it will be up to the people to vote.

You can watch it here if you missed it

http://www.nbc.com/t...la-davis/video/

You may want to watch advisors with Orlando and Karla first
then watch Orlando verses Karla
singing the song "Easy"

The Voice site also has other videos of Karla in interviews and the initial time she sang and was chosen by Adam Levine of Maroon Five .

She sang the song by the Band Perry.." If I die Young"

She used to be from this area, now lives in Nashville. I have enjoyed her voice since I heard her over 2 yrs ago and will be pulling for her. Good to see her making it this far!!!
KimberlyinNC

#16 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

For those of you watching THE VOICE on NBC---Karla Davis, who has been mentioned in this thread is performing tonight for votes. I hope we will and do support her...

;)

Kim
KimberlyinNC

#17 User is offline   Onewholovesrock Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Motorcycling, Good Beer.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

I've watched both seasons so far. Not a bad show. I became a fan of Jordis way back when they had Rock Star INXS on CBS. She had a good rock edge to her. She's not my favorite on the Voice though. Who ever sang Roxanne last night I thought smoked it. It was amazing! Her name might be Juliet I think?

#18 Guest_bernabby_*

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Very disappointed in last night's show. Just about everyone underperformed, unfortunately, even Karla. What was she thinking? Nothing wrong with jazzing up a good country tune. That song choice was horrible. Her performance also bombed - could hardly hear her and it looked like she was totally out of her element. She's not going to be a rock or R & B star so why didn't she just stick to country. The only redeeming factor was that most of the other performers also took last night off. Right now it looks like a weak field for Adam and CeLo.

#19 Guest_bernabby_*

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Too bad, Karla didn't get saved. She just didn't seem to have her heart in this sing off round.

#20 User is offline   140483 Greenock Scotland Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Interests:F1, Music, Songwriting, Skydiving, Cycling, Reading, Cooking, Going Out

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

i have been watching it, the programme has not long started over here in the UK. In my opinion it's a much better concept that X-Factor, we also have fairly decent mentors: Will.I.AM, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue

I usually switch off from x-factor because it bores me and seems to be more about the judges than the acts...the voice, at the moment doesnt seem to be like that
Listen to songs: www.soundclick.com/allanmooney

Read the lyrics:
www.freewebs.com/amlyrics

Feel free to e-mail me: allan_mooney02@yahoo.com

#21 User is offline   Theresa Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I watched and thought many did not have the right song.
I also thought the singer that did Roxanne did a great job.
Have any of you ever heard "Midnight at the Oasis" (can't remember the singers name) but it would have been a perfect song for one of the singers. She had a very
unique voice. I'll have to look up the name and post it.

Sorry Karla didn't make it. I thought she was a great talent.
Take care Kim
Theresa

#22 User is offline   Theresa Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Maria Muldaur sang "Midnight at the Oasis"

#23 User is offline   Onewholovesrock Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Motorcycling, Good Beer.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

I like the Voice as a TV show. But I checked out Idol this week and it sounds like to me anyway they have a lot better singers on Idol than the voice. Definetly sounded better this past week anyway.

#24 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postbernabby, on 10 April 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Very disappointed in last night's show. Just about everyone underperformed, unfortunately, even Karla. What was she thinking? Nothing wrong with jazzing up a good country tune. That song choice was horrible. Her performance also bombed - could hardly hear her and it looked like she was totally out of her element. She's not going to be a rock or R & B star so why didn't she just stick to country. The only redeeming factor was that most of the other performers also took last night off. Right now it looks like a weak field for Adam and CeLo.

I could tell Karla was very nervous. She has only been performing like 3 yrs and to go from this to national television is a scary thing. :unsure:
I have seen many, many of her videos and she knocks it out of the park on them, so perhaps her stage fear will improve with time. Her cds are really good, so I am a fan, and I suppose her short time on the Voice will at least get her name out there more, and that is a good thing.:)

Kim
KimberlyinNC

#25 User is offline   kimberlyinnc Icon

• Amused Muses Muser
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks to any that did watch and most especially voted for Karla. I thought it was pretty cool to see and hear of someone we had heard on the muse a few years back to be top 24 on a show of this nature.

Kim
KimberlyinNC

#26 Guest_bernabby_*

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postkimberlyinnc, on 16 April 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Thanks to any that did watch and most especially voted for Karla. I thought it was pretty cool to see and hear of someone we had heard on the muse a few years back to be top 24 on a show of this nature.

Kim

Yes, top 24 is a good resume. Wish her well. A once in a lifetime occurence. I wonder how we all might do given that opportunity. The pressure must be unbelievable. I couldn't even make the top 24 in my softball league and the competition is mostly mediocre.

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users