Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Songwriter looking for vocalist/lyricist - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Songwriter looking for vocalist/lyricist to add their own original lyrics and melodies to my songs

#1 User is offline   drum Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hi, im new here seems like a great place.

I am a songwriter, but i mainly only write music. Lyrics dont come naturally to me. I am hoping to find people who are interested in adding vocals to my songs.

I try to write music that is emotive, dramatic, clever, pretty and above all well constructed. Most of my songs would be considered: pop, rock, alternative, indie, etc.

I currently have 10 songs id like people to consider, all done last year. I will be adding more as i write them.

http://soundcloud.co...eetmusic/tracks

Id love to hear from anyone with any ideas.

-Adam.

****Just to clarify: I have no lyrics or vocal melodies written, I am looking for people to add their own original vocals to my songs.

#2 User is offline   lotionsandoils Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Very good programming work Adam. good structures too.
never done anything like this, but i could fit your need, maybe? who knows.
check my stuff out. and let me know.
if not a match, keep up the awesome work

View Postdrum, on 27 January 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

I am a songwriter, but i mainly only write music. Lyrics dont come naturally to me. I am hoping to find people who are interested in adding vocals to my songs.

I try to write music that is emotive, dramatic, clever, pretty and above all well constructed. Most of my songs would be considered: pop, rock, alternative, indie, etc.

I currently have 10 songs id like people to consider, all done last year. I will be adding more as i write them.

-Adam.

www.soundcloud.com/lotions-and-oils

#3 User is offline   drum Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

lotionsandoils I'll send you a private message

-Adam.

#4 User is offline   Shawn Yadav Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postdrum, on 13 February 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

lotionsandoils I'll send you a private message

-Adam.

adam i'm searching for people like u for long term work. I am teen vocalist i wana work.
I sing rock pop n indie.
N all
i have my team of writer to. Wana work.
U wont regret.
Pm me. N gv me ur fb n all cntct method.
Thanks.

#5 User is offline   SingDanceLaugh Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Postdrum, on 27 January 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

-Adam.

I really enjoyed your work. Very interesting, and as you put it "well constructed". Its a great solid sound that I really like, easy to build off and just float into. I would definitely be interested in hearing more (specifically moer like Sentiment and Winter Grey)... I would love to discuss possibly working on something together.

SingDanceLaugh

#6 User is offline   drum Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

****Just to clarify: I have no lyrics or vocal melodies written, I am looking for people to add their own original vocals to my songs.

Thankyou everyone who has taken the time to listen to my tracks.

-ADam.

#7 Guest_Gravity Jim_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just to clarify further: if you haven't written any lyrics or melodies, then you haven't written any songs, from a legal standpoint. Anyone who "collaborates" with you in this manner will have written 100% of the resulting song.

Not busting your chops, but that's the copyright law in the US. A song consists of lyrics and melody. Everything else is arrangement, which can also be copyrighted separately, but is not the song.

#8 User is offline   drum Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostGravity Jim, on 27 February 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just to clarify further: if you haven't written any lyrics or melodies, then you haven't written any songs, from a legal standpoint. Anyone who "collaborates" with you in this manner will have written 100% of the resulting song.

Not busting your chops, but that's the copyright law in the US. A song consists of lyrics and melody. Everything else is arrangement, which can also be copyrighted separately, but is not the song.

My songs are full of melody, when i said the songs contain no vocal melody i meant no strict melody i want people to follow. People may follow the inherent song melody in part or full or add their own as they see fit.

#9 User is offline   Moeno Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip
  • Interests:14 year old singer/ songwriter

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I listened to some of them, and particularly like 'Winter Grey' a lot! Although I have to admit, the fadeout was a little bit too long for my liking... This isn't a feedback forum, so I won't go any further. :)
Are you looking for someone you can work with long-term, or do you want them to just work on a few songs?
Also, do you want the vocals and lyrics done by the same person? I'm sure a lot of people can help you out with lyrics and melody, but aren't too willing to do the vocals.
I'm not saying that I can fulfil the part, though, sorry :(

#10 User is offline   Duane Clancy Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hey Drum ...

I can do lyrics to existing melody. If you have an idea you want to express, or a theme you want to run with, or a feeling you want to bring across then I can go that route. If you are interested in seeing what others can come up with to your music, then I can do that too. If you are interested, then let me know which melody you would like me to write a lyric for, and anything you want to express in the song, and I'll write a lyric and do a very rough sound bite so you can get a feel for the timing and how it fits into your melody. I am very limited in recording over here, and I don't really have the pipes for a quality demo ... so if you want to use the lyric I write, then you will still need to get a singer and someone to put it all together. Hit me up if you want to see what I can do ... what have you got to lose?

Let me know something ... Duane

#11 User is offline   drum Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

@Moeno: Im glad you liked 'Winter Grey'. I dont mind if the lyrics and vocals are done by the same person or not; realy i just need help in any way people are capible or willing.

@Duane Clancy: Id love to hear some of your ideas, ill send you a PM.

#12 User is offline   steve123 Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hi Adam I would like to try and put lyrics to most of your songs.
If they work we could take this to a new level.
I am new to this site so not sure how this works but who knows
what could happen.

All the best Steve

#13 User is offline   thebonus123 Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi

I really like winter grey, I will try to come up with some lyrics for the piece. PM me if you want.

Ian UK

#14 User is offline   DirkBaart Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Music, Writing, Blogging,

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hey Adam,

I listened to some of your songs and I really liked what I heard. Some of them are truly amazing! I'm a lyricist and I'd like to write some lyrics for you. I like the fact that you have made a 'hook' for the lyrics by the titles of the song, but I have to admit I have never written lyrics for a specific melody before.

Just PM me if you want to.

All the best and good luck with this project,

Dirk

#15 User is offline   Madison Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hello Adam,

I could give it a go as well if you like and write you some lyrics for your songs. Let me know if you're interested :)

Madison

#16 User is offline   AFuller Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip
  • Interests:Learning

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi Adam

I really like the melodies. Just to clarify, can you confirm that you composed/wrote them?. I think you have the skills that I am looking for, you clearly understand song form. I have lyrics for 3-5 songs in a range of genres that I want to collaborate on and get a demo together. I will be working hard to pitch the demo in the UK.

I see that you have a received quite a few responses and may want to focus a little closer to home but if you are interested please email me.

Lindsey

attitunefullerjr@yahoo.co.uk

#17 User is offline   Jds Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postdrum, on 27 January 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

-Adam.

hi Adam,
I have been in the appleton boyschoir and would like to work with you. if you would like to contact me. please do so by my email, which is lvschuman@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users