As the hooky lyric has received a number of thumbs up, we'll go with that.
The rules are easy. As Len has pointed out, the challenge is to write a lyric in which the title/hook appears in the 1st verse and the chorus.
The word count of the lyric cannot exceed 100. The number of words in the chorus will only count once no matter how many times it's repeated as long as the chorus doesn't change.
I'll keep the contest open for submissions until August 6th.
Voting will start on August 7th and finish up on the 10th.
I'll announce the winner on August 11th.
General rules are the same as the Monthly Lyric Contest, except where they are not.
Monthly Lyric Contest Rules
1) You may not enter a lyric that has already been posted for critique on the Muse.
2) You must have a minimum of 25 posts on the muse before entering the contest.
4) Send the lyric entry to the Muser running the contest via PM , so they can post it anonymously on your behalf.
5) When the contest closes you will have to score all the other lyrics on a scale of 1 to 10 (whole numbers only). You do not vote for your own lyric. Instead, your lyric will get the average score of the votes you give the others. If you don't send in your scores, your lyric will be disqualified.
6) You can score lyrics even if you have not entered the contest.
8) You may not enter the lyric to a song that is in the same month's Lyric and Music Contest.
9) Please make sure your grammar and spelling are correct before you submit your lyric. Once it is posted, changes to the lyric cannot be made. (This also includes lyric rewrites, as it is not fair to the other contestants who've already entered).
Please PM your submissions to me.