Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: New mic! Blue yeti - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New mic! Blue yeti

#1 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Music (listening and writing), teaching, web design, bible studies, reading great literature . . . chocolate. Yeah. Chocolate.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

Seriously? Me? New gear? It is long overdue - trust me on that.

:D So pleased with my purchase. Shiny, inspiring, silver, yeti. Come on! It is WAY sexy and the sound is so much better than my former cheapy-now retired usb mic.

~Bubbsy

yeti facts and pics

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   NigeQ Icon

• I started a joke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Mmmm I think you mistakenly bought the robot from Lost In Space..... :blink:

Posted Image

#3 User is online   Alistair S Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Umm.. or something from an adult store? :P

Seriously, I hope it gives you hours of pleasure!

(Is that a suction cup?)
My Soundclick Music Page
My Facebook Music Page

"In my opinion this is a bunch of filth and garbage and we need far less this type of lyrics gettin back in the ears of our children." - from a critique received

"When I was 5 years old, my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wante to be when I grew up. I wrote down, "Happy". The told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life." John Lennon.

#4 User is offline   jonie Icon

• ooo xxx
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Aww, he's cute. Make sure you post up to show us what he can do.
We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.
George Orwell

The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C. Clarke

Don Martin Lyric of the Year 2008 & 2009
1 + 1 Song of the Year 2009 Ain't That True

My Soundclick Page
My lyrics and songs hosted by Lyricadia

#5 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music (listening and writing), teaching, web design, bible studies, reading great literature . . . chocolate. Yeah. Chocolate.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostNigeQ, on 23 January 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Mmmm I think you mistakenly bought the robot from Lost In Space..... :blink:

Posted Image

Naw, it looks much more like R2-D2. :P

Posted Image

View PostAlistair S, on 23 January 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

Umm.. or something from an adult store? :P

Seriously, I hope it gives you hours of pleasure!

(Is that a suction cup?)

:P Well, seems I'll need to . . . nevermind.

:D

Nope. Not a suction cup - though that wouldn't be a bad idea in my house. LOL It is VERY sturdy and heavy. Not saying it is likely to take a tumble, but would be nice to have a suction cup option for those paranoid gearheads like me. ;)

#6 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

View Postjonie, on 23 January 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Aww, he's cute. Make sure you post up to show us what he can do.

Will do. Very shortly too. I bought it a month or so ago for a project I was in the middle of, but have just scratched the surface of using it on my own stuff. :) It's been a while. :blink:

#7 User is offline   Sammy Harry Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Interests:art, music, travel, writing

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hey Bubbly, I was sooooo glad to see your post! I have been looking for a decent usb mic for....well......at least a month! :P Can you tell me how much did it run you?

Cheers,

SH

View Postbubblingsoul, on 23 January 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Seriously? Me? New gear? It is long overdue - trust me on that.

:D So pleased with my purchase. Shiny, inspiring, silver, yeti. Come on! It is WAY sexy and the sound is so much better than my former cheapy-now retired usb mic.

~Bubbsy

yeti facts and pics

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

I honestly can't remember! I'm pretty sure it was under $150 US. I don't typically spend a whole lot on gear. I prefer to use my $ to purchase great instruments. But this has been quite a find and I'm enjoying it VERY much! WELL worth it!

~Bubbles :)

#9 User is offline   Simple Simon Icon

• Distant Uncle Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

It looks cool! Now let's hear what it can do. ;)

#10 User is offline   Lzi Icon

• Angelz Reign Productions
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wow...Everything lol...Music of course :)...I love my family. We love to travel.

"From one thing know Ten-Thousand things">----------Miyamoto Musashi

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

View Postbubblingsoul, on 26 January 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

I honestly can't remember! I'm pretty sure it was under $150 US. I don't typically spend a whole lot on gear. I prefer to use my $ to purchase great instruments. But this has been quite a find and I'm enjoying it VERY much! WELL worth it!

~Bubbles :)

Cast my vote for R2D2. The Lost In Space Robot? C'mon...DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER...Someone needs to have their eyes examined.

I don't know how much I like the USB mics. I haven't heard one which impressed me. I suppose, if someone is just working at home on a hobbyist level they'd work out just fine. Me, I believe I'd much rather have an SM 57 for vocals. One thing is for certain a 57 will last longer than 5 USB mics, they're built to double as hammers...pssst that's how we do it in the USA and don't sleep...the SM57 is one of the greatest microphones ever created. It sounds decent on anything, and it sounds great when it's on the right voice/instrument...Listen to The Smashing Pumkins...that's a 57...how about Bad Company?... again, a 57... not shabby vocs huh? lol (that's a great illustration of the difference between a cheap mic pre and a great mic pre for ya)...Whoever doesn't own a 57 and owns a chinese condenser is chasing dream shadows.

Spending your money on great sounding instruments will do more for the sound of your recordings than boxes full of gear ever will. It's never how much gear you have. Your skill set is more vital than gear ever will be. Better to have three exceptional pieces of gear than 25 mediocre pieces. Great sounding instruments will fill your room will great sounds to capture. Even the greatest microphone can only capture what you put in front of it. You may be the wisest home recordist on this board! Great sounding instruments are...pun intended...Instrumental lol...to great sounding recordings....Duh lol...it ain't rocket surgery lol it's recording!

Now, how many of you actually believe quality recording has anything to do with 1's and 0's or even gear for that matter?
*BIG OBNOXIOUS BUZZER NOISE...Go directly to jail...Do not pass Go...Do not collect $200
"Digital? is that the thing where they take a good old sine wave and chop it into bits?"
---Rupert Neve

ANGELz REIGN Productions

#11 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

I don't own a SM57 - my "real" mic is an Electro Voice RE410. I actually like the sound it produces WAY better than an SM57 or 58. I tried about a dozen mics live in store before settling on the 410 and have been very pleased with it when performing live and for recording as well.

But for desktop recording, the Yeti is pretty dang sweet and has some nice options. In my house, I like to have something there - at the ready - when inspiration strikes - and don't necessarily want to set up my Bose PAS with the 410 and my sweet, sweet Wechter. My computer room is in my living room/dining room area - so having recording gear set up all the time is really not a viable option - especially when I also share the space with my two daughters and one, not terribly active, yet substantial brute of a cat.

Ya do what ya can, Lz. lol

~Bubbsy

#12 User is offline   Simple Simon Icon

• Distant Uncle Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

View PostLzi, on 04 February 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I don't know how much I like the USB mics. I haven't heard one which impressed me. I suppose, if someone is just working at home on a hobbyist level they'd work out just fine.

Lzi, in case you haven't quite worked it out yet, the vast majority of folks on this site are "working at home on a hobbyist level". ;)

#13 User is offline   eliforshort Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

I looked at this one the other day as a mic to possibly plug directly into my iPad, but I settled on the Apogee ONE. Little more expensive, but sounds pretty damn good for what it is.
Check out my music! Eli, For Short

#14 User is offline   m24p Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Making music, of course!
    m24p.soundcloud.com for stuff that isn't on bandcamp.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Postbubblingsoul, on 03 February 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

I don't own a SM57 - my "real" mic is an Electro Voice RE410. I actually like the sound it produces WAY better than an SM57 or 58. I tried about a dozen mics live in store before settling on the 410 and have been very pleased with it when performing live and for recording as well.

Man, there so much different between a condenser mic and a dynamic mic it's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are food, so if one is all you have, you eat it, but it's not really comparable if you're being a picky eater. And yes, on vocals I tend to prefer a condenser mic.

But for hard rock vocals a dynamic through a decent pre could be the ticket, and for screamo I'm probably reaching for a dynamic.

#15 User is offline   Nicholas Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Book hoarder and songbird from the woods of Maine. I like the taste of language.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

hahahahaa!

You can tell it's sexy just from looking at it, that's for sure.

How many speeds does it have?

#16 User is offline   bubblingsoul Icon

• Bonifide Early Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Enough to fully satisfy! :P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users