Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Dang! - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

What do you do to avoid stage jitters? How do you come up with banter in between your songs? How do you keep your voice or your fingers from giving out halfway through? This forum is for discussions about live performance issues both with yourself, and with other artists that you admire. For instance, has any particular performer inspired you when you watched him or her perform? Have you played a particular venue that hugely impressed you? Are you the owner of a venue that accepts Indie acts? Let's talk about it!
Page 1 of 1

Dang! You hate to let these ones go....

#1 User is offline   Neal K Icon

• Guitars are good things
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

We were asked to open for Goldie Hawn when she performs in Penticton, BC later this month but we had to turn it down because of another private gig. We tried to get out of the first gig, but that would have left them in the lurch so we decided to honor the contract. Ouch - that hurts! But the good news is that the promoter in Penticton thinks we're good enough to open at this venue so who knows what might come of it. I just hope they don't ask us to open for the Monster Truck Spectacular :P

Neal
The forest would be silent if only the best birds sang.

#2 User is offline   Salley Gardens Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

Congrats! and sorry for your loss... Honor is good.

#3 User is offline   Neal K Icon

• Guitars are good things
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Thanks, Salley.

I got some of the details wrong in my orignial post because the whole thing came and went so fast and my only communication with my wife (who does our bookings) was via cell phone. Turns out the event is not as big as I thought, and not in the venue that I thought. It's just a small, private charity event. Goldie Hawn and her husband have a connection to Penticton because their son played junior hockey in the city and they still maintain a summer home there, so she has agreed to speak for a fundraiser.

So it was no great opportunity lost...

Neal
The forest would be silent if only the best birds sang.

#4 User is offline   Salley Gardens Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

But still...

...Goldie Hawn! B)

#5 User is offline   DannyDep Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To make a difference and in the general realm of things, to enjoy life.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostNeal K, on 06 May 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

Thanks, Salley.
I got some of the details wrong in my orignial post because the whole thing came and went so fast and my only communication with my wife (who does our bookings) was via cell phone.
So it was no great opportunity lost...
Neal
None the less, you never know when the next opportunity could be the one that ignites a career.
The idea is to always think positively and always try to get that foot in the door when opportunity knocks.
Continued success. :)
ciao, Dan
"The quality of life,
can only be measured by
the integrity of yourself and the friends
that take the trip with you."

Here are two of my friends,
Posted Image
here is my Soundclick page,
Soundclick webpage
here is my Facebook page,
Facebook webpate
and here is the rest.
My homepage.

#6 User is offline   Dannyk1 Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have many interests. First and foremost is poetry, I don't say it often but I do dabble with the guitar a bit, but only a bit. I love classic cars and rock n roll. I fancy myself as a decent vocalist but that is probably debatable.

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

That is an honor to be asked to open for someone of that caliber. I hope things keep going your way! Sounds like you are a really good guy to honor the previous commitment rather than seek fame and fortune any way you can. Reapin' and Sowin', Karma, Wheel in the Sky... whatever it may be. Posted Image
The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing of." —Blaise Pascal, 1670

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users