Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Create your own CD Sleeve - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

Good music publishers wear two different "hats." The first is that of "mentor and coach" -- to develop the skills of aspiring songwriters. The second is that of "promoter" -- maximizing the exposure and earningpotential of the song. This forum is the place to find out how to wear both "hats" effectively yourself if you don't have a music publisher.
Page 1 of 1

Create your own CD Sleeve

#1 Guest_go-round_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

I haven't actually tried it yet because I just found this site. But you can probably get pretty creative with it. Go to a craft store and buy some really nice paper...

http://www.papercdcase.com/

Make paper CD sleeves! Talk about a cheaper alternative to ordering CD cases. And, you can even find recycled paper if you wanna go green.

#2 User is offline   iron9567 Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

hmmm. cool I'll have to pass this link along to others. Thanks for passing it on to us.

#3 User is offline   Len Icon

• In the blood
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bit of this, bit of that, not much of the other...

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Not bad and good for our own compilations. For producing cds to sell/give away I think there may be some good MS Office Online templates out there. I've used one to create a reasonable cd cover, though it doesn't have that essential folding design. Combine it with this PDF version and you could have the best of both.
Review, and so shall you be reviewed
Lyrics website Lyricadia

Lyric of the Year 2007 (Numbers Make the Man), 2011 (The Volunteer) and 2013 (All Pals Together)

#4 User is offline   weirdrelatives Icon

• valerie cox
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

I don't know how much need I have for paper CD sleeves, as everything I have is digital, but it's pretty cool. I think I'll do one just to see if I can fold it correctly. :)
My Fierce Summer ALBUM is available at valeriecox.bandcamp.com
Friend me on facebook: Valerie Cox
The Challenged Songwriter Blog

#5 Guest_go-round_*

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, I still haven't tried it... but I want to just to see how it folds...

Has anyone tried folding one yet?

#6 Guest_go-round_*

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

I made a paper cd sleeve a week or so ago. I didn't use that website I mentioned, I instead googled how to make a paper cd case. I found some good step by step instructions. The cd sleeve turned out great. It's not the best way to protect a cd, but it's great if you need a cd sleeve in a hurry or it could be nice way to give out demos. If you play live shows you can have a stack of demos to give out in customized, handmade paper cd sleeves.

#7 User is offline   lofisly Icon

• Muse In Training
  • Pip
  • Interests:Music, books, solitude and coffee

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Ahh this is great. Thanks!
My current musical endeavor, one man band-
https://www.facebook.com/lofisly

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users