Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: Nashville blues great Johnny Jones tribute concert - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

What do you do to avoid stage jitters? How do you come up with banter in between your songs? How do you keep your voice or your fingers from giving out halfway through? This forum is for discussions about live performance issues both with yourself, and with other artists that you admire. For instance, has any particular performer inspired you when you watched him or her perform? Have you played a particular venue that hugely impressed you? Are you the owner of a venue that accepts Indie acts? Let's talk about it!
Page 1 of 1

Nashville blues great Johnny Jones tribute concert

#1 Guest_Susan R_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

I don't often post gigs, but a highly underated Blues great passed away this month and the Nashville community will be holding a much deserved tribute On November 2, 2009 for longtime Nashville Blues great Johnny Jones held at 'The Place' on So. 2nd ave in Nashville. It will be from 7PM to 1AM. Johnny mentored Jimi Hendrix and gave him his first break on the TV show Night Train from Nashville. A TV music show that predated Soul Train.
Jimi's first TV appearance

Some of the performers are:
NICK NIXON
MARION JAMES
TINA BROWN
BETH BROWNE
SUE RARICK
MOWHAWK SLIM
TERRI LYNNE
RIC K MOORE
GIL GANN
DOC BLAKLEY

So if your in the neighborhood stop bye for a great night of music.

#2 User is offline   SoddyBottoms Icon

• A Muse's Muse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

The guy the arrow is pointing to is not Jimi... Jimi is the left handed guitar player on the far left...
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Soddy Bottoms 2013

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users