For the Critiquer: After each category, provide as much detailed or general comments as you desire. You may even rate on a number scale defined by you if you wish. (You may either get the form here - or, if the lyric/song poster provided an alternate in their post - use that!)
For the Critiquee: Cut and paste this form into your initial lyric or song post - and use "as is" or customize the categories to cover what you'd like potential critiquers to focus regarding your lyric/song.
[color=blue][B]CRITIQUE:[/B][/color] [B]Emotional impact:[/B] [B]Strength of hook/title:[/B] [B]Originality:[/B] [B]Appeal:[/B] [B]Focus:[/B] [B]Phrasing/cadence:[/B] [B]Form:[/B] [B]Verbiage:[/B] ----------------- [B]Arrangement:[/B] [B]Instrumentation:[/B] [B]Musicianship:[/B] [B]Strength of Melody/prosody:[/B] [B]Vocal delivery:[/B] [B]Backing vox:[/B] [B]Collaboration effort:[/B] [B]Recording mix/technical:[/B] ----------------- [B]Other comments/questions:[/B]
The beauty of this form is that it is as completely customizable as you desire!
Here's a quick guide on how to use it:
- 1. With your cursor, highlight the text in the orange code box above.
2. Copy the text using either File->Copy (in your browser), or CRTL-C (using the quick keys)
3. Paste the text using either File->Paste (in your browser), or CTRL-V (using the quick keys)
4. You may change the category "tags" by simply highlighting and retyping what you'd prefer.
6. Type your brief or detailed comments AFTER each closed tag.