Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: What Is This Forum About? - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is This Forum About? clarification on this forum

#1 User is offline   KathyB Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Music publicist, writer and editor.

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:22 PM

Hi guys and gals,

There seems to be some confusion regarding the purpose of this forum. So, I thought I'd start a new post to hopefully clarify things. :)

As in the forum description, this forum is for discussions related to Publicity and Promotion.

Publicity/Promotion meaning:
"The act, process, or occupation of disseminating information to gain public interest."

Examples of Publicity/Promotion type of topics that would be applicable to this forum:
  • Getting CD Reviews
  • Putting together a press kit
  • Dealing with the media. i.e. handling inquiries, etiquette
  • Promotional Photos. i.e. Headshots, CD Covers
  • Promotional/publicity type of tools. i.e. websites, press kits, business cards, postcards
  • Markets
  • Writing pitch letters
Examples of topics that *would not* be applicable to this forum:
  • General chit chat type of subjects. e.g. the weather, your personality, the weekend.
  • Advertisements
  • Strictly business type of topics such as taxes, organization, business licenses.
Basically, topics that are not related to publicity/promotion in any way. There are forums here for most other topics.

I hope this clears things up for everyone? If you need further clarification let me know. ;)

Additional Note: Since this seems to happen frequently; if you post an advertisement type of post here it will be deleted. (There is a specific forum where you can advertise your products/services.) The same goes for anything that does not fall into the guidelines above.
"An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose."
- Langston Hughes

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users