Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: What Is This Forum About? - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is This Forum About? clarification on this forum

#1 User is offline   KathyB Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Music publicist, writer and editor.

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:22 PM

Hi guys and gals,

There seems to be some confusion regarding the purpose of this forum. So, I thought I'd start a new post to hopefully clarify things. :)

As in the forum description, this forum is for discussions related to Publicity and Promotion.

Publicity/Promotion meaning:
"The act, process, or occupation of disseminating information to gain public interest."

Examples of Publicity/Promotion type of topics that would be applicable to this forum:
  • Getting CD Reviews
  • Putting together a press kit
  • Dealing with the media. i.e. handling inquiries, etiquette
  • Promotional Photos. i.e. Headshots, CD Covers
  • Promotional/publicity type of tools. i.e. websites, press kits, business cards, postcards
  • Markets
  • Writing pitch letters
Examples of topics that *would not* be applicable to this forum:
  • General chit chat type of subjects. e.g. the weather, your personality, the weekend.
  • Advertisements
  • Strictly business type of topics such as taxes, organization, business licenses.
Basically, topics that are not related to publicity/promotion in any way. There are forums here for most other topics.

I hope this clears things up for everyone? If you need further clarification let me know. ;)

Kathy

Additional Note: Since this seems to happen frequently; if you post an advertisement type of post here it will be deleted. (There is a specific forum where you can advertise your products/services.) The same goes for anything that does not fall into the guidelines above.
Kathy
--
"An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose."
- Langston Hughes

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users