Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board: UPDATE - Muse's Muse Songwriting Message Board

What This Forum Is About:

Here's where those threads go that we really don't want to delete, but that need to be moved from their current location. Moderators, feel free to move important threads to this location if you no longer want to keep them in your own forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UPDATE I've emailed the participants...

#1 User is offline   OrdinaryGirl Icon

• Mike and Ulli
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Massachusetts....closer to Boston than Springfield, not wicked far from Worcester

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:03 AM

This is for the rest of you who are interested:

Hello all!

A bazillion apologies for the lengthy turn around on this project. If you're really interested in the sorted details PM me and I'll explain, but I'm more for moving forward....however my apology is sincere.

UPDATES that you've been waiting on:

The printing has been completed. But as you all know Joro suffered a heart attack and will be out of work until at least July. He's unable to drive because of the med's he's on but I will work out a way to get those inserts into my grubby hands.

I've contacted a company in Tennessee (Mid-TN Media) to do the duplication and printing on the CDs themselves for us. I'm waiting for the template to create the info that will appear on the disc itself as well as waiting for price quotes from the possible variables concerning the inserts, the quantity, the jewel cases and just the duplication itself. This company came recommended to me from a friend who has used them in the past. The difficulty we are facing is what they call a 'short-run' of CDs. The less you want, the more expensive they are. In the age of Indie musicians 'short-runs' have become more popular, but they want you to buy the inserts etc. from them to make up for the money they're missing out on by printing up so few CDs.

I've just read the posts about other volunteers taking over. If that's what ya'll want, I have no problem with it and will regrettably, yet humbly, step aside and hand over the reigns. Here's what still needs to be done:

Pre-orders need to be confirmed

Monies need to be collected to pay for the pre-orders so that we have the funds available for the duplication etc.

I'd have to transfer the Pay Pal account that I set up because it's tied to my website but I think that could be done with a simple online payment.

The inserts would have to be collected and shipped along with the Masters to the new person as well as who ever is doing the duplication

I'd need to introduce you to the contact at Mid-TN Media or you'd have to find your own company to work with...and then determine what goes on the CD face, if you want jewel cases from them, if you want them to assemble them (if they even will), and who's going to assemble them and get the jewel cases if they won't.

You'd then be responsible for shipping the CDs to all the participants along with whatever they pre-ordered

And finally you'd either ship to CD Baby or be responsible for all orders obtained through the Muse directly.

You'd need to be in contact with Jodi and transfer funds to her as they become available.

I think that's it.

I wanted you to know that Bubbles did indeed leave me two messages this week but I've been working double shifts because it's Massachusetts school vacation and I'm trying to make up for the time out of work I lost while I was sick. She's been very patient with me and the lack of replies, communication or what have you, have nothing to do with her lack of interest or efforts.

FOR PARTICIPANTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect to have all the answers to the remaining questions from Mid-TN Media by week's end if not Monday for sure. Why don't ya'll PM Bubbles with your vote as to whether you'd like me to continue leading this project or if Ramachandra and perhaps landofsong should take over. (Sorry Bubbs, I just jammed your PM box lol) Bubbles will let me know the outcome and I will turn everything over, or move forward on Tuesday per the results.

This project was and still is a good idea, and the songs on it are all worthy of seeing this through. Ya'll done good and I'm sorry if my circumstances let any one of you down.

Imagine Peace,
Ulli

THE VOTING IS FOR PARTICIPANTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not absolutely flood Bubbles inbox lol If you have very strong feelings, PM me or post them here. Otherwise it's up to the people who are on the CD.

Thank you!
Ulli
Imagine Peace!

http://www.myspace.c...roadtheband.com

"If you can crush coal into diamonds, push me harder, I want to shine!" ~ Me

"It takes a second pair of ears to hear weakness in a story, so don?t be a whining Prima Donna pansy. Brilliant writers want their stories to be edited by a heartless bastard who won?t spare their feelings. Soft-shell writers want to explain and justify every little thing. That?s why their stories suck like a Hoover. I think Holly Lisle said it best:'If you assume that the words that flow from your fingertips were dictated to you by God and are thus sacred and immune from revision, only you and God are ever going to get to read them.'"
- Roy H. Williams

#2 User is offline   Ramachandra Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:24 AM

OG
I think it would be a shame for you to have to turn over the project after you have brought it this far.
I have only a few questions for you.
Do you feel that in view of your personal circumstances you are able to bring this project to fruition?
Do you want or need help with it?
Based on what needs to be done what is your projected to market date?
Thank you for communicating.

Ram

#3 Guest_landofsong_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:17 AM

Hi,

I wasn't personally volunteering to take over the project so please don't vote for me. I was suggesting, because of the unforseen difficulties, if it would be helpful for some Muse volunteers to come forward for the remaining tasks...

Sorry if that wasn't understood from my post....

I'd take on one of the tasks, but couldn't take on the whole bunch...also I am not on the internet at home currently...

#4 User is offline   Disposable Icon

• No One Is Disposable
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:44 AM

My impression of the conversation had been that they were wanting to know if you wanted help with stuff,
not necessary relinquishing you of your duties...
with all you've gotten started already and the nature of the tasks
I wonder how effective it would be to relinquish any these duties at this point.
That said, I'd like to help but at this point am unable.
Thanks for all you do Ulli, and others.
Bullets and bravery, that's all you need.
Soon you'll be killing, we planted the seed.

#5 User is offline   EduFonseca Icon

• Go Benfica!
  • PipPip
  • Interests:MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

Oh I would love to buy one cd, but not really sure I can! oh well...

thanks for the update Ulli.
baaah I should be kicked for not writing any lyrics

#6 User is offline   OrdinaryGirl Icon

• Mike and Ulli
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:Massachusetts....closer to Boston than Springfield, not wicked far from Worcester

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hello,

Yes, I'm online at home again now. I do not forsee personal circumstances taking over my life again, but that's not in my hands really. lol

Bubbles has been a huge help all along and has really stepped up to the plate now. She's confirming all the pre-orders and is also finalizing the company we'll be using...it's between three. The turn around times have all been 2-5 days for them to do the duplication. I'll see Joe tonight and figure out how to get the inserts from his work. Then the CD itself has to be designed and everything sent off to the company we end up with. 50% is due at the time we send everything in for them to start the work and 50% is due when it's finished. I think we have enough money in the account to pay for the first half and we'll collect the pre-orders as soon as we have the final price. It will not be more than $3 but whatever participants order is written in stone, cause there are a lot of pre-orders so we're getting more CDs than intially planned and then don't want to be stuck with them. So participants, commit yourself to $3 per CD and be happy if/when it's less.

As for a projected completion date....I'd say we'll have the company chosen by Tuesday, the materials they need to them by Friday and we'll have them back to us in 2-5 days depending on which company we end up with. That looks like a release date of May 9th to me. (that's the day participants CDs and pre-orders will be sent, not the day you'll receive it)

A final decision has to be made about where the CDs will be available to everyone else. If it's through CD baby we'll have to send them to them and if it's through here we need to finalize those details with Jodi.

So pending everything keeps on track with the duplication houses, May 9th for the participants and shortly there after for the rest of the world. :)

Take care,
Ulli
Imagine Peace!

"It takes a second pair of ears to hear weakness in a story, so don?t be a whining Prima Donna pansy. Brilliant writers want their stories to be edited by a heartless bastard who won?t spare their feelings. Soft-shell writers want to explain and justify every little thing. That?s why their stories suck like a Hoover. I think Holly Lisle said it best:'If you assume that the words that flow from your fingertips were dictated to you by God and are thus sacred and immune from revision, only you and God are ever going to get to read them.'"
- Roy H. Williams

#7 Guest_landofsong_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

Good on you OG... :)

#8 User is offline   Ramachandra Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

Thanks Ulli!
Ray

#9 User is offline   NanaimoB Icon

• Contributing Muse
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:22 AM

I have a friend who runs an online CD store here in Nanaimo
very much like CD Baby, I can get our CD listed on his site as I am an Island artist and already have a CD listed with him. He doesn't charge for another CD if you already have one listed.
All I would have to do is supply him with CD's, an adress and who to make the checks out to and a short blurb for the site.

He would look after shipping the orders out and then cut a check to the Muse for every CD sold. He usually sells CD's for $20 and keeps $5 for processing the order.

Think of it folks all the work is done, I can set it up in a five minute phone call. Well come to think of it... it may cost a couple of pints!

Check out the site

CD ISLE

let me know

Nanaimob
(Brian not Bob)
HERE'S MY TUNES AT SOUNDCLICK

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,
a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs...
There's also a negative side."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

#10 User is offline   Sammy Icon

• Active Muse
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music (songwriting, bass, guitar, recording, production, engineering), electronics, camping, bicycling, kayaking

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

Welcome back, Ulli! I'm happy with the job you, and everyone else involved, have been doing and see no need to change horses, especially so late in the game. I'm looking forward to receiving my CDs!

#11 User is offline   OrdinaryGirl Icon

• Mike and Ulli
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:31 PM

Brian.....who called you Bob? lol Thanks for the heads up but I'm not sure we'd sell any CDs if they were $20 lol We were planning on $10. But I'll run the info by Jodi. Thanks for thinking of it though :)

Thanks Sammy...it's good to be back. :)
Imagine Peace!

- Roy H. Williams

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users